Douglas Farah is the president of national security consulting firm, IBI Consultants, and a Senior Fellow at the International Assessment and Strategy Center. He is an award-winning journalist and author of two critically acclaimed books.
About Douglas Farah
In 2001, as West Africa Bureau Chief for the Washington Post, Mr. Farah broke the story of al Qaeda's ties to the West African diamond trade. In 2004, he worked with the Consortium for the Study of Intelligence, studying armed groups and intelligence reform. Read more...
Mr. Farah specializes in research, writing and training on transnational criminal organizations and armed groups and their affect on states and corruption; terrorism, terror finance and proliferation; and, illicit financial flows. Go to Publications and Congressional Testimony...
"Farah's drum-tight presentation of evidence to substantiate his allegations will be difficult to dispute, and his stark and straightforward writing style makes this book hard to put down." -- Publishers Weekly Go to Douglas Farah's Author Page at Amazon.com...
For further information on Douglas Farah, his writings and Congressional Testimony, visit IBIConsultants.net.
- Transnational Organized Crime, Terrorism and Criminalized States in Latin America: An Emerging Tier-One National Security Threat August 16, 2012
- Central America's Northern Triangle: A Time of Turmoil and Transition: Publication in PRISM, the journal of the Center for Complex Operations, National Defense University September 25, 2013
- Central American Gangs and Transnational Criminal Organizations February 20, 2013
- The Advance of Radical Populist Doctrine in Latin America: How the Bolivarian Alliance is Remaking Militaries, Dismantling Democracy and Combating the Empire May 30, 2014
- My take in the Washington Post on the debate on the border crisis and unaccompanied minors. August 8, 2014
- Go to More Publications